Interior Design is a profession concerned with anything that is found inside a space – walls, windows, doors, finishes, textures, light, furnishings and furniture. All of these elements are used by interior designers to develop a functional, safe, and aesthetically pleasing space for a building’s user.
Vaastu Shastra makes us live in harmony with nature taking advantage of the five basic elements of nature i.e earth, water, fire, air and space and receiving the blessing of the Gods of the directions.
Many a times following the rules of Vaastu Shastra 100% in a structure / construction of Building such as hotels, corporate spaces, schools, hospitals, private residences, shopping malls, restaurants, theaters, and airport terminals may not be possible. Planning the Interiors with the Vaastu is the option to it. By making arrangements of furniture, accessories, lighting in all designing the internal of the building as per Vaastu Shastra can open the doors of the prosperity, health, wealth and overall happiness.
As we know every room has their eight directions again, so one must be aware of the facts to design the rooms in such a manner that internally it should follow the rules of Vaastu Shastra.
We will here discuss how KITCHEN one of the main section of most of the buildings can be designed as per Vaastu:
The best location for the kitchen is the South-East corner of any building as per Vaastu Shastra but many a times due to scarcity of land in the urban life to have a kitchen in South-East may not be possible like if the entrance of the house is from east or South, then the kitchen may be shifted to the North – West corner of the house. In this situation the internal layout of the kitchen with the help of interior designing can be changed so as to follow the Vaastu.
The cooking platform should be towards eastern sidewall of the kitchen, as good results can be achieved when one faces east while cooking.
- The sink should be in the North-East corner of the kitchen.
- The slope of the water flow should be from South-West towards North – East.
- The cylinder should be placed in the South-East corner.
- The Geyser should be installed either in the South – East corner or the South wall.
- The electronic gadgets should be placed on the Southern platform.
- The storage for all the food grains, utensils, the over head almirah should always be on the Southern and the western walls and not on the Northern and the Eastern walls.
- The exhaust fan should be installed either in the North – West corner or the South wall.
So following the Vaastu Shastra in designing the interior of any rooms such as Bedroom, Living / Drawing room, Guest’s room, Puja room, Children’s Room, Bath room and not only the residence but also Offices, Hotels, Shops, Restaurants can be very beneficial and the occupants gets the blessings of almighty.
The aim of Vaastu is to make us live in harmony with nature taking advantage of the magnetic fields, gravitational effects etc. of the earth, the rainfall, the galaxy and the whole of the nature and the universe and duly invoking the blessing of the Gods of the directions. So every direction signifies a particular room and if in any house the Vastu principles are not followed, that result in misfortunes and problems.
We will suggest you the design of the interiors according to vastu
- Placement of furniture in all the rooms
- Placement of the accessories in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Suggesting the colour schemes for paints for different rooms.
- Suggesting the colours of the drapery and choice of materials for different rooms.
- Suggesting the colour for the exteriors.
- Placement of invertors, washing machine, electrical items.
- Choice and placement of plants to be put in an area and plants to be avoided in the building.
Vastu Advice For The Interiors Of The Office
In the commercial places also, each portion of land is for specific purpose and violation of these rules result into problems in business, unsuccessful projects and less money.
We will provide you with the following detail
- Placement of the rooms of the director
- Placement of the room of the staff according to the work done like accounts, finance, designing, cash and what so ever.
- Placement of the safe/vault.
- Placement of the raw materials, finished products.
- Placement of machinery.